Collection and Use of Customer Information:
We collect only relevant information about you and our other clients that the law allows or requires us to have in order to conduct our business and properly service your accounts. We collect financial and other personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information you provide on applications or other forms or through oral, written or electronic communication with us
- Information derived from your transactions with us, our affiliates or others
- Information we receive from non-affiliates, such as your bank or broker
Keeping Information Secure:
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your financial and other non-public personal information, and we regularly assess new technology with the aim of adding additional safeguards to those we have in place, or upgrading existing safeguards and procedures, as appropriate.
Limiting Employee Access to Information:
Accuracy of Information:
We strive to keep our records of your information accurate, and we take prompt steps to correct errors that are brought to our attention. If there are any inaccuracies in your statements, or in any other communication from us, please contact us.
Use of Personal and Financial Information by Us and Third Parties:
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone except as permitted by law. As permitted by law, we may share nonpublic personal information about you with our affiliates and with other third parties who provide services for your account. The information we share may include:
- Information you provide on applications or other forms or through oral, written or electronic communications (for example, your name, address, social security number and birth date)
- Information derived from your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (for example, transaction amounts, account balances and account numbers)
- Information we receive from non-affiliates (such as your bank account or brokerage account number or account balances)
The types of third parties to whom we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you include:
- Financial service providers, such as transfer agents and brokers
- Non-financial companies such as the companies that provide us with technological and administrative support
In the course of our business, we may collect or otherwise come into possession of your Social Security number. It is our policy (1) to protect the confidentiality of such Social Security numbers, (2) to prohibit the unlawful disclosure of such Social Security numbers and (3) to limit access to such Social Security numbers.
Maintaining Client Privacy in Business Relationships:
We do not share nonpublic personal information about you with anyone who does not agree to keep your information confidential. If you believe we have shared your information inappropriately, please contact us.
Protecting Information Online:
If you contact us via email, we preserve the content of your email, including your e-mail address and our response so that we can more efficiently handle any follow-up questions you may have and to meet legal and regulatory requirements. It is important for you to understand that regular, non-encrypted, Internet e-mail is not secure. We strongly urge you not to send confidential information, such as social security or account numbers, to us via a non-secure e-mail address. Because our email back to you will not be secure, we will not include confidential information in an email response.